Fort Tryon Park—frequently misspelled as Tyron—is a landmarked 67-acre park designed by the Olmsted brothers. John D. Rockefeller, Jr. presented it to the city as a gift in 1935. The most notable horticultural feature is the three-acre Heather Garden, which has year-round interest and panoramic views of the Hudson River. The British named this area of upper Manhattan for Sir William Tryon (1729–1788), the last British governor of colonial New York.
There are no events taking place on this date.