Long Island is renowned for it's spectacular wineries, producing award-winning wines year after year for the past 10 years. This day trip takes you to three of the best wineries, Paumanok Vineyards, Macari Vineyards and Martha Clara Vineyards. Each winery provides you with tastings of the finest wines on offer.
As you depart New York City, watch the scenery change from buildings to lush green farm lands, rolling hills and vineyards. Your first stop will be at Riverhead, where you will enjoy a typical country breakfast (not included), then continuing east you'll head to the North Fork, which has become a wine making center of New York.
Your wine experience starts at Paumanok Vineyards where the winery is a renovated turn-of-the-century barn. It's surrounded by an inviting deck overlooking the vineyards and the spacious tasting room was built on top of the barrel cellar. You'll enjoy an introduction to wine making and a tasting at this mainstay of Long Island wines.
Next stop are the Macari Vineyards. Here, you'll enjoy a wine discussion and tasting with one of the true experts from Macari. Discover how they are on the cutting edge of viticulture and their dedication to a more natural approach to winemaking. Joseph Macari, Jr. is recognized as a pioneer in the movement towards organic and sustainable farming. From the winery's tasting area, enjoy the spectacular views off their stone and timber deck.
After a short break, continue to your final winery - Martha Clara. Here you'll enjoy a picnic lunch (included) together with your wine tasting. This is one of the oldest and most respected wineries in Long Island, winning awards annually for the last 10 years.
After lunch you will head west towards the Tanger Outlets where you will receive mall goodies and then explore the stores - find your own bargain with brand name stores for less. In the late afternoon you will depart west for an evening arrival in New York City.
Address: Tour departs near Grand Central Station
Tour Duration And Additional Info
* Professional guide
* Wine Tasting (min age 21 years)
* Picnic Lunch
* Transportation is in a 15 passenger van or a full-sized bus
* Gratuities (optional)
* Hotel pickup and drop off
* Confirmation will be received at time of booking
* Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Terms and Conditions
* If you cancel at least 15 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
* If you cancel between 8 and 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 70 per cent cancellation fee.
* If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 per cent cancellation fee.