New York City has one easy-to-remember number to access New York City's non-emergency Government Services.
New Yorkers only need dial 311 for all non-emergency related Government services calls. Note that you still dial 911 for emergencies that require police, medical or fire department assistance.
The Citizen Service center allows city residents to obtain important non-emergency services through one central, all-purpose phone number quickly and effectively.
The 311 Citizen Service Center:
* Is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is answered by a live operator
* Can assist callers in 170 languages
* Provides tracking numbers so that callers can follow up on the status of their requests
* Can be accessed outside of New York City by dialing (212) NEW YORK
* TTY Services are available by calling (212) 504-4115.
The 3-1-1 Citizen Service Center provides easy access to all non-emergency City services. For example:
* Find out if alternate side of the street parking is in effect
* Report loud noise, or a blocked driveway
* Find your neighborhood library and its operating hours
* Give your opinion for the mayor
* Report a pothole or street light that needs to be fixed
* Find out about garbage collection
* And much, much more