Built in 1766, St. Paul's is Manhattan's oldest public building in continuous use. It was built on the corner of Broadway and Fulton streets in the Georgian Classic-Revival architectural style and resembles St. Martin-in-the-Fields in London.
From George Washington's post-inauguration worship there in 1789, to its relief efforts after the collapse of the World Trade Center towers in 2001, St Paul's has witnessed some of the nation's most historic events. The New York Times has noted that the chapel is New York City’s “most exquisite keystone of national history” (July 16, 2002).
It is now an active part of the Parish of Trinity Church holding worship services, weekday concerts, exhibitions, and lectures throughout the year.
Telephone: (212) 233-4164
Address: 209 Broadway
Cross Streets at Vesey Street
Hours And Additional Info
Weekdays: 10am - 6pm
Sunday: 10am - 4pm
Eucharist at 12 noon on weekdays, and 8 am Sundays.
NYC.COM'S TOP 10 HISTORIC CITY SITES